Les Grays Arc: Sylvie Maniac and Michel Boyer are architects
Michelle Boyer He has a passion for river architecture: the dam, the Arc-les-Grays fish passage, and the Saint-Albin Tunnel for example.
An urban architect and a landscape architect pursue their professional paths together, complementing each other in their activities . Michel and Sylvie live and work on Rue du Verdun, in Les Ecoulottes in the former Dagot foundry, in the former wine and grain tables “Entrepôts Anthony”, in Arc les Gray (1729).
The building was built by Jean-Baptiste Anthony in 1729 (1690-1760) For service, taking advantage of the commercial navigation of the Saône River, as a platform for grain and wine (3600 m² of floors), the life of Arc-les-Grays was characterized in various ways: the seed of the urban planning of this city sector, and the precursor of the large merchant houses that were created later Along the “Chaussée d’Arc” and the Villeneuve pier (built in 1822).
The Anthony family are wealthy metal workers from Vienne in Dauphiné. They purchased the lordship of La Folie – the eastern part of the commune of Arc-les-Grays bordered by the Saône and Écolot rivers – and settled permanently in Burgundy Franche-Comté (Jean-Baptiste Anthony the forge farms of Seveux and Baignes; He is head of the grain and wine business of Arc-les-Gray ; His two sons, merchants like himself, were appointed secretary to the king in the Parliament of Besançon; We find several members of the descendants at the head of important formulations in Franche Comté: La Branleure, Echalonge…
They are the postmasters of Arc-lès-Gray and own part of the Clos-Vougeot vineyard (most of the warehouses established along the Quai Villeneuve during its construction bear Anthony’s name).
The building is shared 26 Vandemeer 5th year In three installments Acquired successively by Messrs. Amy Ritchie, François Costet, and Denis Degrand. This is the third lot, purchased in 1882 by Louis Rossino, inventor of agricultural machinery, which in 1889 moved to Alphonse Dagot, author of “DAGOT Foundry”
(Source Bourgogne Tourisme) https://www.bourgogne-tourisme.com/sit/la-fonderie-entrepots-anthony-2