Big E starts on Friday and the Connecticut building will have some new offerings, including escape rooms, games, beer pongs and more.
“Similar to our state, The Big E’s Connecticut building is filled with diverse attractions showcasing amazing things made in Connecticut and offering delicious culinary creations,” said Anthony Anthony, chief marketing officer for the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development. He said in a statement. “We warmly welcome residents and visitors alike to explore and experience why Connecticut is the best place in the country to live, work and play.”
What you’ll find in Big E’s Connecticut building
- Street Corn Esquites and Spanish Panzanella from Hot Taco Street Kitchen. TJ’s on Cedar will serve pretzel bites, candy pretzels, as well as giant homemade pretzels and cheesecakes made with Connecticut beer brewed by Back East Brewing Co. and Alvarium Beer Co.
- Noujaim’s Bistro will serve fresh corn on the cob grown on Gresczyk Farms.
- The Connecticut Beer Garden is expected to be the largest ever, and for the first time will serve beer slushies.
- The beer garden will feature a selection of beers and ciders from more than 100 craft breweries across the state.
- You can enjoy an interactive experience in two new escape room tents and a thrilling game from Codeword Escape.
“Connecticut Loves” photo booth.
- There will also be a “Connecticut Loves” photo booth where you can take pictures in front of us.
More about the CT Building at Big E
Thirty-six vendors are returning and 12 Connecticut companies will join the show for the first time.
Connecticut-grown products will include honey, maple syrup, cheese, apples and jams.
Food options will include seafood at Lenny & Joe’s Fish Tale, meats at Bear’s Smokehouse BBQ, pizza at Randy’s Wooster Street Pizza Shop and handmade chocolates and pies from Fascia’s Chocolates and Lyman Orchards.
There will also be new specialty stores and products.
Connecticut Day at the Big E
- Connecticut Day will be at The Big E on Wednesday, September 20th.
- It will be a day-long celebration of Connecticut featuring a show and over 12 hours of live entertainment on the Connecticut State Front Lawn Stage.
- Donovan Clingan of the NCAA men’s basketball champion UConn Huskies will appear as a guest to meet fans.
The Connecticut Building is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
For more information, follow the Connecticut Building on Facebook.
(tags for translation) Big E